This page describes Auto Wi-Fi Spot Check-in.
What you can do with Auto Wi-Fi Spot Check-in
By setting up a spot with office Wi-Fi information, you can automatically check in based on the Wi-Fi of the location.
The main benefits include,
- Eliminates the need for workers to check in from Acall Mobile or Acall Portal when they arrive at work
- Preventing forgetting to check in makes it easier to keep track of who is working where.
- If you reserve a spot for a seat in advance, you can visualize not only the floor, but also "which seat" you are at.
How Auto Wi-Fi Spot Check-in works
You must register your office Wi-Fi information (SSID/BSSID) to the spot (floor) in advance on Acall Portal.
① Connect to Wi-Fi on a PC which Acall Desktop application is installed.
② Acall will search Acall server to see if there is a spot associated with the Wi-Fi information (SSID / BSSID) that you are connected to.
③ If Acall server has matching Wi-Fi information and the associated spot/reservation information, it will automatically check in.
④ The spots where people are checking in are visualized on Acall Portal and on signage screen, allowing you to share who is working where.
Example of Auto Wi-Fi Spot Check-in
Let's use the following floor and seating example.
Different Wi-Fi information is set for spots on the 1st floor and the 2nd floor.
If you have not reserved a spot in advance
When you connect to "Office-wifi_01", you will be automatically checked in to the "1st floor".
If you have reserved a spot in advance
If you have reserved "Seat_02", you will be automatically checked in to "Seat_02" when you connect to "Office-wifi_01" even if Wi-Fi information is not registered in "Seat_02".
Please refer to "Check-in Behavior for Wi-Fi Connections" for detailed check-in steps when there are multiple spots connected to the Wi-Fi you are connecting to, or when you have multiple reservations.
Set up Auto Wi-Fi Spot Check-in
Settings must be configured for both administrators and users. Please check the following before setting up.
- For administrators
- For users
- If you are using MacOS, only SSID will be used for identification; BSSID will not be used.
- Even if Wi-Fi is disconnected or connected to different Wi-Fi, you will not be check-out automatically.